Have an Old Solar Inverter? Upgrade to SolarEdge!
If you’re like me, you probably installed your solar system back during a time when it wasn’t so hip to go solar. As a result, you likely have an old style ‘string’ inverter.
What does this mean? Remember those old style Christmas lights where if one light bulb burns out, the whole string goes out. Given the choice between buying one of those or a better set where if one light goes out – it’s the only light that goes out – which would you choose?
Of course, you’d choose the second option. So would I. Unfortunately, back when we went solar, the old style ‘one panel goes out they all go out’ inverter was the option available.
The good news is that solar inverters have evolved quite a bit since 2008 and if you’d like to get more power out of your existing system, upgrading to panel level optimizers makes a lot of sense, especially if:
- Your old inverter is coming to the end of its useful life
- Your roof has seasonal shading issues
- Your solar system is installed across multiple roofs
- Your solar inverter has stopped working altogether (and may be out of warranty)
- You’d like to add on to your existing solar array
The advantages of upgrading to SolarEdge from your old inverter include:
- Higher efficiency DC to AC conversion (98%) means more power from your existing panels
- Individual panel level optimization significantly increases overall energy harvest
- Unique fire safety features give you peace of mind http://www.solaredge.com/files/pdfs/fire_safety_white_paper.pdf
- Panel level monitoring makes for efficient remote diagnostics and reporting
- Path to upgrade your existing solar panels to higher wattages as desired
If you are a solar customer who is looking for a way to get a lot more out of your existing solar system, upgrading to SolarEdge very well could be the answer.
For a free evaluation and solar upgrade quote, call 877-959-8816