Not everyone is a candidate for solar panels… And they may not be for you.
- You may live in a condominium complex or other type of attached home and the HOA owns the roof and won’t let you install solar on it.
- You may be a renter.
- You may have an electric bill under $100 per month.
- You may live in a forest and your roof gets very little sunshine.
- You may need a new roof.
- You may have unpermitted structures on your property that need to be brought up to code before the city will issue a permit to build your solar system.
- You may not qualify for financing.
There are myriad of reasons why your home may not be a good solar candidate.
A reputable solar company will let you know if your home isn’t good for solar.
In fact, they probably will refuse to come out to your home and conduct a ‘free site audit’ since they know it’s a waste of their time and yours.
If you’ve gotten such feedback from a couple of solar companies and persevere long enough, eventually you’ll find a slick salesman who will gladly sell you a solar system to ‘eliminate your electric bills’ even though it’s sitting under a tree or worse.
Sage advice is to understand that most solar salesmen are commission only and if even one of them tells you your house isn’t a solid solar candidate, you should listen, because they’re doing you a tremendous service and likely saving you a lot of money, frustration, and heartache.
To Knowing If Solar Is A Good Fit!
P.S. – In our next piece, we’ll talk about commoditization. People may tell you that Solar has become a commodity and true or not, there is one part of putting solar on your home that is absolutely not a commodity and if you make a poor choice in this area you may be paying for that mistake for years to come.
Are You Considering Solar?
Our consultants will help you determine whether or not you are even a good fit for Solar before ever giving you a proposal. Have one of our Solar Energy Consultants get in touch with you to find out if Solar is right for you . Simply put your details in the form below and we’ll get you hooked up with one of our consultants.
Oops! We could not locate your form.