Location: Murrieta or Bakersfield, CA
HelioPower, Inc. (www.HelioPower.com) is looking for a sales engineer for solar energy systems. This individual will be responsible for managing technical project qualification and proposal requirements, and performing technical diligence for new commercial and utility scale solar and integrated energy opportunities in the Western United States. This position will report to the Executive Vice President, Commercial Sales, and work within established processes to communicate within the Sales and Operations Departments. The Sales Engineer position is responsible for identifying the most appropriate technical and material solutions, per program or regional incentives, or other variables to optimize the client solution. Travel is expected and required as needed by project location and scope.
1. Responsible for maintaining constant communication with key members of the Sales team in the Western United States and other departments as needed to put forth the most optimal design and work within company priorities for management purposes.
2. Site visits and meetings to support opportunities as required by level of difficulty or scope. Performs site diligence and documents items of concern or need for further validation.
3. Manage the sales request process for all project types and work within guidelines and set triggers to efficiently manage priorities using Salesforce.com and other established tools. Work with key members within Sales and Operations to effectively structure projects.
4. Perform technical due diligence for RFPs or similar as required by official response documents.
5. Prepare any necessary customer deliverables, such as concept module layouts, single line diagrams, equipment or material specifications, engineering validation, 3-D renderings and photo simulations as requested. Clearly communicate design concept and high level system specifications.
6. Provide site specific or customer specific design and permitting guidelines, performing permit pre-planning documents for accurate scheduling. Validate design requirements for local conditions and recommend solutions.
7. Provide technical support and deliverables for utility specific interconnection applications, rebate applications, performance validation models or any other technical support for commercial operation.
8. Utilize modeling tools such as PV WATTS, other production estimating tools, financial modeling tools, or material optimizing methods to validate most appropriate design and material solutions. Work with other departments to provide best estimating and modeling information.
9. Provide interface for scope of work handoff between EPC and Sales. Support project estimating and scheduling tasks as required.
10. Provide the sales team with deliverables such as equipment specifications, concept design drawings, site evaluations, interconnection and single line diagrams, and other supporting detail as required will be managed by this position.
Education, professional, and/or other requirements:
- 5+ years engineering/consulting experience, BS Engineering preferred.
- Technical PV solutions support experience is required.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Management are required.
- Excellent writing skills, both creative and technical.
- Knowledge of analytics/financing is a plus.
- Knowledge of SalesForce software is a plus.
- Ability to work in and enhance team structures.
- Previous Outside sales support and client management experience preferred
- Base compensation and performance bonus commensurate with experience.
- Paid holidays and company vacation
- 401k: Matching 1:1 up to 4% of gross compensation
- Health/Dental insurance
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Commercial Sales
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]