Location: Northern California
Helio Energy Solutions, Inc (www.HelioEnergySolutions.com) is looking for a Software Developer responsible for development of our PredictEnergyTM software application product. This self-enabled Senior Engineer will be a key member of our Product Development Team. Expectations include immediate assimilation of our software architecture enabling max productivity. This includes the ability to make contributions for the next generation of our PredictEnergy software application which supports our roadmap and current system configuration for client projects. We currently support multiple client projects in an agile environment.
- Manage the life cycle of the development process, monitoring research, reviewing code and testing
- Support the Agile development process
- Develop and use the standards of the software platform
- Continued development of the software development practices and procedures
- Using the Eclipse IDE environment, develop the application functionality, screens and communications to fulfill the product road map and client project requirements
- Have excellent communications and interpersonal skills and can build consensus among stakeholders on technical direction.
- Demonstrates strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, take initiative and follow through on tasks and projects.
- Qualified candidates will have solid experience in web based and SaaS programming with Eclipse IDE, RCP, RAP in an OSGi framework, including experience in heavily leveraging the Eclipse framework.
- A successful applicant will have made significant contributions to user interface projects and demonstrated ingenuity and creativity in past jobsHigh proficiency in Eclipse development, including strong knowledge of Java and experience using Eclipse plugins is a must.
- Works well in a remote team environment.
- Understands that work may be long hours, irregular schedules and remotely based subordinates are common. Demanding clients, internal company management, remote resource management, outside vendors and subordinates are daily occurrences.
- Experience with the Energy industry is desirable.
- Exemplary general software development knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices, security, hardware, networking, OS, DBMS, middleware, etc.)
- We use a modified Agile approach, but experience in estimating and measuring project velocity, planning and scheduling in an Agile environment is desired
- Experience in data modeling, and date management is a plus
- Experience in product and network security using JAAS,
- Experience with DIACAP is a plus
- Additional experience in development of cross-platform, web-based and mobile applications, providing a true develop-once run-anywhere solution for desktop browsers, smartphones and tablets is a plus
Education Level and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in software development
- 1-2 years’ experience in system architecture
- Base compensation and performance bonus commensurate with experience
- Paid holidays and company vacation
- 401k: Matching 1:1 up to 4% of gross compensation
- Health/ Dental insurance
Reports to: Director, Helio Energy Solutions
To apply or view more jobs, please visit: https://www.heliopower.com/content/careers
Or send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]