Commercial Project Estimator
The HelioPower Commercial Estimator prepares complete cost estimates and submittal documents for renewable energy projects. Through close collaboration with the Sales, Construction and Engineering departments, the Estimator will develop accurate EPC costs and budgets and compare those estimates to actual expenses throughout a project. Reporting to the Director, Commercial Construction, the Estimator will manage the project estimation process and be responsible for timely delivery of estimates to sales groups within the company.
- Develop budgetary and firm cost estimates for renewable energy projects- mostly solar electric from 50kW to 5MW+.
- Support project sales during proposal stage by reviewing bid documents, RFPs, preliminary project information, site characteristics, etc.
- Coordinate the entire estimating process from concept through project award.
- Create Bill of Materials for project costing and construction.
- Prepare material take-offs and costs of labor, subcontractors, equipment, and services.
- Maintain and improve estimating models and software to compare projected vs actual project costs over time.
- Develop robust project scope documents including assumptions, exclusions, limitations.
- Develop cost reduction processes and material usage methods to reduce cost of goods while maintaining or improving quality.
- Leverage existing and develop new subcontractor relationships to speed estimates and improve accuracy.
- Develop knowledge of best material suppliers to stay abreast of pricing and other opportunities to provide better value to customers.
- Degree in engineering, construction management or journeyman level certification.
- Must have hands on knowledge of principles of estimating including budgeting, tracking, change orders.
- Intimate knowledge of construction activities, production rates, equipment selection, building types and construction methods.
- Highly computer literate: MS Office, Project, databases, estimating software, CRM, etc.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Experience developing and implementing new processes, methods and procedures.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Volume and success based bonus structure
Email Resume to [email protected]