Website HelioPower, Inc.
The Operations and Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance, system commissioning, troubleshooting and generally maintaining customer owned and company energy assets. While energy assets are primarily solar photovoltaics (PV), other assets may include battery storage, generators, and communications and monitoring systems. This key position is responsible for managing time and resources so that O&M customers are serviced promptly and effectively.
• Electrical troubleshooting
• Preventative and corrective maintenance on commercial energy systems
• Initial commissioning and startup of commercial energy projects
• PV module cleaning
• Working at heights
• Adherence to safety procedures
• Process improvement and innovation
• Electronic monitoring set-up
• Light estimating duties for corrective maintenance
• Emergency service calls (after hours work sometimes required)
A strong foundation in electrical installation, solar electrical systems, and customer service is required. Engine and turbine repair experience is a plus. A successful candidate will have strong organizational and customer service skills. Experience working on commercial construction projects a must.
It is preferred, but not required that this candidate hold a Nevada Electrical Contractors License.
Educational, professional and/or other requirements:
• Strong understanding of electrical theory and applications
• 2+ years commercial PV system installation
• Knowledge of NEC, UBC and other building codes
• High school graduate
• Ability to innovate and improve operations and solve complex problems
• High integrity, positive attitude and energy a must!
• NABCEP, IR certification; and PV, storage, and generator manufacturer O&M certifications a big plus!
HelioPower is a dynamic and diverse organization who is dedicated to the idea of its growth being closely tied to the growth of its employees. We offer competitive hourly wages with full benefits to full time employees. Medical, Dental, 401k, paid time off, etc.
Are you an innovator? Are you driven? Do you have vision? Join the HelioPower team today!