High Tech High Chula Vista
System Type: Roof Top
Panel Type: Mitsubishi PV-UD185MF5
Panel Count: 640
Inverter Type: Satcon PVS-100 480VAC
System Size: 105 kW
City: Chula Vista
High Tech High's solar power system will produce enough clean electricity to offset any one of the following over the 25 year life of the system:
seedlings grown for 10 years.
gallons of gasoline consumed
bottles of BBQ propane burned.
Solar Power System
The solar array is located at High Tech High Chula Vista and is owned by San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E). It is a part of the sustainable design of the school itself which will be used as a three-dimensional textbook. The school’s rooftop solar panels are owned by SDG&E and provide renewable power to the community.
The solar system, installed by HelioPower, is a milestone for SDG&E because it puts the utility at over one megawatt of solar installed on highly energy efficient buildings throughout 12 solar projects in San Diego County. It is also the third largest solar system in Chula Vista.
With 640 solar modules from Mitsubishi, the solar power system will produce 172,114 kilowatt hours (kWh) of renewable electricity per year.
- Project Start Date: December 1, 2008
- Commissioning Date: February 12, 2009
- Installation Time Frame: ~40 Days
- Modules: 640 Mitsubishi PV-UD185MF5
- Standard Test Conditions (STC): 118kW DC
- PV USA Rating (PTC): 105kW DC
- Racking System: Professional Solar Products
- Inverter Manufacturer: Satcon
- Type: PVS-100 480VAC
- Maximum Power Point Tracking: 295-600vdc
- CEC Weighted Efficiency: 96%
- Average Solar Resource: 5.23 kWh/m2/day
- Average Annual AC Production: 172,114 kWh
- System performance monitoring, Fat Spaniel
Environmental Offset Data:
- Estimated Annual Carbon Dioxide Offset: 230,633 lbs
- Estimated Annual Nitrous Oxide Offset: 327 lbs
- Estimated Annual Sulfur Dioxide Offset: 826 lbs