Porsche North America
System Type: Roof Top
Panel Type: Sharp ND-216U1F
Panel Count: 372
Inverter Type: PVP – 75kw 480v Utility Interactive Inverter
System Size: 80 kW
Porsche's solar power system will produce enough clean electricity to offset any one of the following over the 25 year life of the system:
seedlings grown for 10 years.
gallons of gasoline consumed
bottles of BBQ propane burned.
80 kW urban solar power array at the Porsche Logistics, LLC facility in Ontario, the first solar power system deployed at any of its U.S. locations.
The solar power system was designed and installed by HelioPower at 5100 E. Ontario Mills Parkway, in Ontario, CA, using 372 solar modules from Sharp and will produce 135,000 kilowatt hours (kWh) of renewable electricity per year.
- Project Start Date: January 12, 2009
- Commissioning Date: February 19, 2009
- Installation Time Frame: 20 Days
- Modules: 372 Sharp ND-216U1F
- Standard Test Conditions (STC): 80.4kW DC
- PV USA Rating (PTC): 70.9kW DC
- Racking System: SunLink 5°
- Inverter Manufacturer: PV Powered
- Type: PVP – 75kw 480v Utility Interactive Inverter
- Maximum Power Point Tracking: 295-600vdc
- CEC Weighted Efficiency: 95.5%
- Average Solar Resource: 5.55kWh/m²/day
- Average Annual AC Production: 117,615 kWh
- System performance monitoring, Fat Spaniel
Environmental Offset Data:
- Estimated Annual Carbon Dioxide Offset: 258,753,000 lbs
- Estimated Annual Nitrous Oxide Offset: 3,998,910 lbs
- Estimated Annual Sulfur Dioxide Offset: 1,160,860 lbs