Selling your solar asset portfolio to Helio Micro Utility
HelioPower and affiliates have developed, financed, built, managed and owned solar assets since 2001. We recently engaged with a large investment group looking to acquire solar asset portfolios in North America. Our investor partners are well-capitalized, experienced owner/operators who offer flexible terms, competitive valuations, finder's fees for third party referrals and an expedited close.
Do you want to sell your solar assets?
Whether you have an interest in our services, question or comment, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about how we can work together. Please complete the form below and we will reach out to you promptly.
Why sell your solar portfolio?
Any of the following seller motivations presents an economic opportunity to create value by selling your solar assets:
- Cash – We have enough cash on hand to procure 25MW of operating solar assets, with commitments for additional funding.
- Strategic fit – Companies evolve. If solar is no longer essential to your core business, it may be time to sell. We have acquired numerous systems from owner-operators who decided they were better off focusing in another strategic direction for their business or their investments.
- High operating expenses – With in-house O&M and Asset Management resources, we can drive down operating expenses. Your assets may be worth more to us than they are to you!
- Client/lessee or offtaker satisfaction - offtakers move, replace roofs and want their systems cleaned. If you're not geared up to manage the changes, the coordination can be overwhelming. We do it all in-house.
Solar Asset Management Services
- Tracking performance of solar systems with disparate monitoring platforms - We integrate all our systems onto the PredictEnergy platform so we can go to one application and see the performance of all our systems in one place. But, that may not be the best option for you if you have a small number of residential systems across multiple monitoring platforms that are not easily upgradeable.
- Inadequate staffing – It’s hard for small teams to operate and maintain diverse portfolios particularly with all the changes in offtakers and lessees.
- Policy uncertainty – Tariffs, taxes and sunsetting incentives may drive up discount rates.
- Partnership Flip timing – Some developers lack the cash to buy out Tax Equity partners and pay off debt.
- Investors learn quickly that solar assets require much more care and feeding than may have been anticipated. And if you maintain a hands-off service model (even with leases), your end-of-contract renewal risk climbs.
- Inadequate Scale – Owners of small portfolios and individual assets face dramatically higher fixed costs that can significantly reduce returns.
- Orphans – Owners of larger portfolios often inherit a few ill-fitting assets.
- Value – Sellers seeking maximum value will appreciate our willingness to structure high-dollar earn-out transactions.
- Bankruptcy – We can expedite terms to help sellers move quickly through bankruptcy proceedings.
Are you a REIT or Fleet Owner?
If you've ever subscribed to Netflix, leased a car, or rented an office, then you understand the benefits of a subscription business model. This also applies to solar as a service. If you're a REIT or solar fleet owner, when you sell your solar asset, you'll simply transition to buying the electricity it generates and avoid the time and expense of asset management. As an added bonus...many of our customers use the sales proceeds to reinvest in their business and take advantage of the new 100% expensing provisions for tax efficiency.
Would you like to test the market to sell your solar portfolio?
So, if you are a solar asset owner who would like to test the market, or you know of solar asset owners who face similar circumstances, we’d appreciate an introduction. We'd be happy to schedule a meeting or an introductory conversation by phone if more appropriate.