Solar panel cleaning is an essential component of any solar maintenance program. Dirty panels produce less electricity than clean panels. Our maintenance team is available to clean solar panel arrays on homes, businesses, or large ground mount systems. As a part of the cleaning service, we perform a visual inspection of the solar array to make sure that everything appears to be in good working order.
Does Your System Need A Good Cleaning?
Please Call 1.877.959.8816
To Speak With One Of Our Solar Care Representatives About Getting A Qualified Technician Out To Your Install As Soon As Possible. Or Visit Our Shop To Explore Our Maintenance Plans.
The Challenge For Solar Owners
PV panel performance can degrade by 20%+ without adequate cleaning. To maintain optimal energy production, solar arrays require periodic solar panel cleanings especially in areas of high airborne particulates (dust, exhaust, coastal salts, organic debris, industrial processes).
Solar panel cleaning has become a critical industry best practice and often offers a simple and cost effective method to increase rate of return by 20% or more.
An example of our work:
A well known storage company that Helio has been working with is in the flight path of Palomar Airport. Many years of build up of jet exhaust residue compounded by coastal salts, dust and industrial residue over ten years without any service, has degraded production and challenged the profitability of the initial investment. After noticing an increase in their utility bills, the storage company called Helio to investigate and a straightforward solar panel cleaning brought an immediate 18% increase in system output.
HelioPower Panel Cleaning
The typical cleaning services includes the following.
- Inspect site prior to work being performed. Note any hazardous conditions.
- Cover all electrical equipment, i.e. inverters and combiner boxes, beneath area to be cleaned with tarps prior to cleaning.
- Use of aerial man lift where required to reach surface of solar modules to be cleaned.
- No chemicals or abrasive cleaning are applied to solar modules during the cleaning process.
- Surface of solar modules to be visually inspected prior to cleaning. All accumulated debris to be removed from array surface.
- Spray down all solar modules with water at minimal pressure. (No high pressure washers are to be used.)
- Water to be conditioned through water softener prior to application. This is done to minimize mineral deposit.
- In heavy soil situations a soft bristle automotive style brush to be used to break free accumulated soil on surface of solar modules. Brushes are designed to avoid causing micro fractures or scratches on surface of solar modules.
Solar panel cleaning is critical to maintaining solar system performance.